Implementing an effective lead generation campaign properly often requires a lot of time, money & resources. If you’re a bootstrapped startup then more often than not you will have limited time & money available to dedicate towards your lead generation efforts. As a startup, you have a myriad of things to work on a day-to-day basis and only a limited amount of hours in the day.
Introducing: The DIY (do it yourself) method for getting more leads at a low cost for your business. In order to implement a lead generation campaign you will need 2 services:
1) a tool for creating landing pages (Unbounce or LPGenerator) and…
2) an email-marketing platform for e-mailing (Mailchimp or Unisender). Here at Pixeful, we personally, we use Unbounce + Mailchimp, and highly recommend those to all our friends & clients because of their ease of use and highly functional user interfaces.
Once you’ve decided on which landing page platform you will use. It’s now time to get building. First, you will need to decide on what offer you want to promote on the page, you need to come up with an attractive headline which will “hook” your visitors & turn them into leads. For example, if you sell a tool that helps people manage their emails more effectively, than your landing page should describe the value & benefits for you potential customers. Once you’ve decided on an offer, we recommend you draw out the layout of your landing on a sheet of paper with the following structure:
- Title – a catchy title that will entice visitors to continue reading your landing page
- Description – a short description further elaborating on the purpose of this page & how you can help your users
- Benefits – a list of the benefits that the visitor will get after take advantage of the offer. Sell benefits, not features!
- Call To Action – the action that you want your visitors to take right now. ie: download, join mailing list, free trial etc.
Once you have that down, and are ready to begin, it’s time to get started on building your page. Go to either Unbounce or LPGenerator and go through a free registration process. Unbounce offers a free 30 day trial & with LPGenerator you have a totally free option that allows up to 200 visitors per month; which should be more than enough for now.
The basic functionality of both platforms is a visual editor for landing pages. You do not need to know how to design or code to build beautiful landing pages quickly & easily. You can take one of their standard templates, upload your logo, change the title and text, add any images, and you’re good to go – you now have a fully designed + coded landing page without the need to go out & look for any developers.
To publish the page with your domain / subdomain in the URL bar, you need to register some of the settings in the control panel where you purchased your domain ie: GoDaddy, Bluehost, 1&1 (both platforms have detailed instructions for this step). A few hours later changes will take effect and the page can be published with your domain / subdomain.
Is that it? Of course, not. Creating landing pages are only the beginning of an effective lead generation campaign. However, by creating landing pages with the steps outline in this article, you will at least begin to generate leads. Once, you receive the first few results, you can now begin to test different versions of your landing pages with A / B testing.
When you try out the tactics above – please share your results, questions or comments in the field below!
Have a nice day! Regards, The Pixeful Team
Check out our Premium Landing Page themes :